Beast from the east

 A picture from northern England mid winter.

It only goes to show how the weather may have changed. When I was a schoolboy, most years there would be a foot of snow at some point during the winter, we made igloos in the back garden that you could get inside and giant snowballs so large they could no longer be pushed or rolled along. In those days it was normal, no panic, warning or horror so far as I can remember, just pure delight. We walked to school as usual, schools were never shut due to bad weather. Now the English talk like they have never seen snow before and call this a 'Beast'. A springling of snow! Well it is winter you know.

But hey, lets blame the weather. After all it cannot answer back. The truth is Britain was never much good at managing anything. Rubbish transport, expensive tickets, rubbish hotels, expensive rooms, chaos everywhere. Oh yes, the British have a great sense of humour because if they didn't they would be committing suicide on mass. Much like east and west Germany where those from the east are friendlier than the arrogant westerners so it is in England with the north-south divide. The arrogant southerners and monied conservatives look down on the less well off northerners...

No doubt more to come later after I have cooled down from listening to another fucking conservative Brexiter on the radio do his best to paint Corbyn as a spy with zero evidence. Meanwhile in the USA the sheriff handling the Florida shooting bragged about what a fantastic job he's doing. He sounded just like Trump and I see more of this BS coming from people eveywhere in the media. There is no self reflection anymore, just arrogance, ignorance, celebrity culture and people with big mouths and big heads and dollop loads of clickbait hype to get everyone clicking their apps. Good job I am not on Twitter!

Comments

Popular Posts