Great blue heron ... maybe
I am posting this photo of a heron taken recently near Miramar. It was rejected by Shutterstock for being out of focus I believe, but I like it nevertheless. So far Shutterstock have accepted over 400 of my photos, which is not bad going when you consider that all photos with names and logos on vehicles, shopping bags, shop fronts, neon signs etc., are rejected even when it is a hardly discernable NIKE logo on someones shoe. Also photos of people, sculptures, artworks, famous buildings are not acccepted without a release form. That also goes for isolated objects such as cars, motorbikes and even handbags. Any foreign text (Chinese for example) must be translated. So you can imagine my images of Taipei stood no chance. I could have written a book in the time it would have taken me to translate all the street signs. So I have to restrict my uploads to wildlife and landscape but even then they can be rejected for being too grainy, poorly composed or out of focus like the photo above. Still it is all good for improving ones photography skills so I am not complaining ... much!



Comments
Post a Comment