Pforzheim herons


After last weeks visit to Pforzhiem and not seeing a single heron, today made up for that with a bumper crop of herons. Several different varieties too as can be seen below. The heron on the right maybe some sort of great purple heron (if  such a thing exists, I will check) while the other on the left is the more common grey heron, seen frequently in Pforzheim.


I visited Pforzheim today hoping to post news of the swan and its nest of eggs, half expecting to see eight furry cygnets but the eggs still had not hatched despite warm sunshine for almost a week. More on that later.


But there was enough excitement to be had with all the herons. Especially when one was mobbed by a persistent crow, although the heron took it all very casually and seemed more interested in fishing, which I would have thought was of little interest to a crow.




Comments

Popular Posts